Certificate IV in Disability (CHC43115)

Girl in Wheelchair

Certificate IV in Disability (CHC43115)


Course Outline

This qualification reflects the role of workers in a range of community settings.  Assistance in clients homes, who provide support in a manner that empowers people with disabilities to achieve greater levels of independence and self-reliance. Involving clients in community participation with access to relevant community services, creating well-being. Workers may work without direct supervision and may be required to supervise and/or coordinate a small team.


To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment requirements

Course Information

  • Class runs every Thursday and Friday 9am-3pm

  • The duration of the course is approximately 6 months

  • Gain hands-on practical experience through 120 hours of Vocational Placement (work experience)

  • User friendly online resources that can be accessed at all times, and for 10 years after completion

  • You will receive a free Training Tailor Made t-shirt to wear during placement

This qualification addresses work primarily in residential facilities under direct or regular supervision within clearly defined organisation guidelines and service plans.

Are you eligible for government funding?

Higher Level Skills:

The funded programs are open to any Queensland resident aged 15 years or over who is:

  • No longer at school (with the exception of VET in Schools students)

  • Is an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency.

To receive the course for $380:

  • You must not be currently enrolled in or have completed a certificate IV or higher-level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school or foundations skills training.

If you don't meet these requirements, please call for alternate funding programs or full course cost.

If you wish to enrol please click on the 'Enrolment Form' button in your preferred course to print out all the documents you need, those documents need to be signed by a JP and brought in to office along with 2 forms of ID.